Sunday, November 17, 2013

Christmas Gift

Here is my project for this weeks challenge at Come and Get It. Meighan is our host and she has a theme called Christmas Gift. I decided that instead of putting presents on a card I would make a gift. I have used the Milk Carton die, along with Festive Flurry Designer paper, mini clips, jingle bells, pool party twine, Pool Party and Smokey Slate card stock, Pool Party seam binding ribbon and the festive flurry adornment.
I made 4 cartons from the milk carton die and made the carrier. There are three pieces for the carrier,
2 pieces cut at 3.3/4 in by 5.5 inches and scored at 1 inch on all sides, then cut up to the 1 inch mark on the shorter ends. These two pieces make up the box that holds the milk cartons. for the handle cut a piece at 3.5 by 5.5 inches. punch out the handle with the wide oval punch and glue between the two boxes.
I have used the hexagon punch to punch out my images and then hand cut around them once they were attached to the coastal cabana card stock. they are put on with dimensionals. the twine was threaded through the jingle bells tied into a bow and then attached with glue dots. Now go on go over to the challenge blog and look at all the other great projects.
Thanks for looking
Cindy

4 comments:

  1. Fabulous project Cindy, I can see a lot of work went into it!
    ¸..• ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.•´ .•´¨¨))*((¸¸.•´ ..•´
    Shell in Alaska
    http://akstamping.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Cindy! What a gorgeous project you have created! I love everything about it! I was just popping in to say "hi" and see what you are working on.
    Hugz,
    Roxann

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a gorgeous gift set Cindy. Love everything about it! A great project. Meg

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty! I love the beautiful papers and the hexagons look great!!

    ReplyDelete