Saturday, November 28, 2009

Lovely as a Tree Christmas


For this card, I used the sketch from the Stamping 411 challenge. Great blog if you haven't been there before.

First of all as soon as I seen the sketch I knew the stamp set I wanted to use. It just fit perfectly. Also the colors of what I wanted to do fit as well.
I first of all cut my card stock at 4.5 by 11 and folded it at 5.5. I then cut a piece of white card stock 4.25 by 5.25, and embossed it with my big shot using the dots template, I then put the ribbon onto it, it is 1/4 in navy grosgrain. I then cut my background paper for the tree at 3.5 by 2.5 and cut the white at 3.25 by 2.25. I stamped the tree in night of navy, then over stamped it with versa mark ink and used the heat and stick powder on it with glitter. I then used versa mark on a small square sheet of white and put heat and stick and then glitter. I then punched out the white snowflake and blue snow flake used my mat pack and piercing tool to make the hole and used a small silver brad to attach the snowflakes together, off setting them. I adhered them to the card using glue dot. The tree is adhered to the blue then adhered to the card with dimensionals. Then I stamped the merry Christmas from the teeny tiny wishes set onto white punched out with window punch and then the modern labels punch. I then adhered it also with dimensionals. and the card was finished.
Thanks for looking.
Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment