Saturday, August 27, 2011

Guest Designer this week at A la Card Monkey



This is the sketch I was given along with the theme of Autumn for the A La Card Monkey Guest Designer. So I pulled out my Day of Gratitude set and I had some fun with it.  I colored it with markers using Always Artichoke, More Mustard, Cherry Cobbler, and Cajun Craze, after it was all colored I decided to use the rock and roll technique around the edges and add some Early Espresso. I stamped it on Very Vanilla, and cut it out. I used Early Espresso as my card base added a layer of More Mustard embossed with the new fold called snowburst, great for any kind of card. then I put a layer of Cajun Craze that I embossed with the new Houndstooth folder, added the greeting which is from the new Always Thankful Set and then used some early espresso bakers twine and tied knots through the buttons and adhered them. 
Thanks for looking
Cindy

3 comments:

  1. I love your card, I forgot I have that stamp set until I seen your card. lol I love the buttons, I always think they are missing something when I see them without the thread in them. Thank you so much for being Guest Designer on A La Card Monkey. I just have one favor to ask, Terry is gone on Vacation all week and I chould really use some help leaving comments on the cards... if you have time, that would be Sweet! I do remember you helped me last time too. Thanks!!

    Hugs
    Shirley DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Autumn colours are lovely Cindy. That's a gorgeous stamp you've used.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great take on this sketch! I love that you showed the versatility of the snowflake folder! This is such a stunning fall card!

    ReplyDelete