Sunday, June 3, 2012

Flower Pot Card for Come and Get It


Hi Everyone, Shell is the hostess at Come and Get It this week, and she has a really simple challenge for us this week. We are to have flowers and butterflies on our cards. I decided I would make a Flower Pot Card this time around, it's been a while since I've done one of them.  I have used Cajun Craze for the flower pot and the base of the inside card. For the flowers I've punched some of the fancy flowers out of Poppy Parade, Pumpkin Pie and Daffodil Delight, I also made the other petals using my sizzix and cutting them using the fun flowers die. I used the centers from that die as well and then I used a couple of buttons and a brad to finish of the flowers. The little card is naturals white and the saying is from curvy verses and then I used the beautiful wings embosslit to make the butterflies out of poppy parade as well and added them on. The leaves were made with the blossom builder punch. I ran the Cajun Craze base through with the square lattice folder just to the base part, and i punched the top with the scalloped border punch and then added the ribbon with the 5/8's daffodil delight ribbon that I've got in my stash.
Thanks for looking. I will also enter this card into the following challenges.
-Crafty Calendar Challenge Flowers in Bloom
Crazy 4 Challenges- add some butterflies
Crafty Ann's Challenge flowers and butterflies
Hot Shot Craft Blog- die cuts

Cindy

7 comments:

  1. Love your card Cindy. It is great how the middle of the card can be taken out and written on. I will have to give this idea a go! Regards Meighan

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty Cindy. Lots of interesting elements.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Cindy! I did one of these years ago for a Work Shop....the ladies love it!

    Shell~Alaska♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cindy. I found you on the Outlawz ning site. Now, I am one of your followers.

    Thank you for sharing this card with us.

    My blog is Hanging in the Woman Cave.Please be one of my followers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is lovely Cindy, thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's
    Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super project. Thank you for sharing with us at Crafty Ann's.
    Jen x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this! Flower pot cards are so fun and the flowers and butterflies are so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete