Saturday, January 15, 2011

Jingle Belle's Challenges

Hi Everyone, I've found a new Christmas challenge over at Jingle Belle's Blog , and It looks like to be a lot of fun. Anyway the first card I did was for the challenge last week, I missed out on posting it, as I didn't find the challenge in time, but wanted to show everyone, what I've been doing with my new Janome Mini Sewing machine. Great little machine, I had a big sewing machine, but too hard to carry upstairs, and besides its in a cabinet, and no room up here for it, but this little one is a great size, and fits on the shelf and really light. Anyway the challenge called to use inchies as part of the design, well the quilt part of the card was done using inchies, then was stamped with some really little stamps I've had for years, don't remember who they are from.

The second card is for this weeks challenge which is to use acrylic paint, I used the acrylic paint to do acrylic resist for the medallion in the background. I then cut it out with my nestabilities, After I did the resist technique, instead of leaving it white, which it would have been, I decided to use the log cabin smooch spritz on it, very cool stuff and looks really pretty and shiney in person. The greeting card kid was colored using aqua painter and water color wonder crayons that just became available in the new colors. there is a retrofit package of them if you have the old colors already.
Anway then the fun came when I started to make it more vintage looking.
Thanks for Looking.
Cindy

13 comments:

  1. Acrylic resist, huh? I must learn this.

    Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What Leslie said! I'm looking it up now, and may just use it on my card. I'll send a shout out to you if I do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooooo i really love - love - LOVE your inchies card! the acrylic resist is pretty fabulous, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh wow! i ♥LOVE♥ that "quilted" background of inchies...totally brilliant & cool, especially the way you've placed them on the diagonal ...& then added the gorgeous red zigzag stitching! your stamped card is amazing, as well! i REALLY want to try that "resist" method...i think they named it wrong since it seems ir-RESIST-able to me! :) and then the coloring and "antiquing" on the stamped panel is increcedible! ...and again i say, "♥WOW♥!" :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the fabulous vintage feel to your painted card ... what a cool effect ... and that inchie quilted background is oh-so-fun ... thanks so much for joining our Jingle Belle fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job on the inchie challenge! I have a janome & LOVE it!!!

    Ooohhhhh love your card for this week....gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love them both!! I really love your acrylic paint resist card...so full of dimension! It has such a lovely vintage look to it which just appeals to my soul. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your cards are amazing - the stitching on your inchies card is so cool and I also think your paint technique is great for the second card (it goes beautifully with the stamped motif). What lovely cards you've made!

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are both so pretty and so different!! You do beautiful work :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two wonderful cards. Your inchie card is so clever and very quilt-like. I'll have to check out that acrylic resist technique. Looks very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card. Glad you posted last week's too. Its hard sometimes to get the pictures up in time right? Great job on the acrylic resist technique. :)

    ReplyDelete