Sunday, May 15, 2011

Paper Players Color Challenge



Hi Everyone,  When I first looked at these colors shown for the Paper Players Challenge,  I thought of the open seas set and doing a male card, but then I thought I've done that this week, so why not try and use the colors to do a more feminine type of card. So this card is the result of that.  I used the sew suite stamp set along with the in stitches wheel. I also used my mat pack and piercing tool to do the border around the not quite navy card stock and used my gel pen to make the faux stitching. I used the new sizzlets die sweet buttons and my blender pen along with not quite navy ink to color the spool of thread. The ribbon is the Cherry cobbler seam binding ribbon, love this ribbon. Anyway that's about it. Thanks for looking
Cindy

8 comments:

  1. I'm glad to see these colors used for something other than a masculine card! Great job! Thanks for playing with the Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful - I love the button with the cherry cobbler seam binding and the faux stitched border you created. Stunning card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cindy, I just love how you used the colors together! Love the fun texture on the button card and that double bow! So many great details! Thanks so much for joining us at The Paper Players this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cindy, this is so pretty. I love how you did the faux stitching around the edges. I will have to remember this so I can get the look of stitches without pulling out the sewing machine. I also love your button pack and the button on the bow is the perfect finishing touch. Fantastic card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how you used the colors in such a fun way. Great design and details! Thanks for joining the Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect use of the challenge colors! An adorable card! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  7. GREAT use of the colors this week--"sew" much fun to see them used with these images. So glad you could join us at The Paper Players this week! :-)

    ReplyDelete